Maddison Collins Pty Ltd operates an employment service with expertise in youth unemployment, redundancy, executive and leadership management, mature age and disability. We are committed to protecting the personal information of employees, clients and candidates. We encourage you to review the statements below explaining how we collect and use information you share with us.
By accessing Maddison Collins Pty Ltd websites and/or submitting your personal information to Maddison Collins Pty Ltd (now herein referred to as Maddison Collins) through any means, you consent to the use of your information as set out in the Policy. If you do not agree with any term of the Policy, then you are at liberty not to use Maddison Collins services or website.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Policy relates to personal information collected by any means. It is Maddison Collins usual practice to collect this personal information directly from you. However, often your personal information is collected through the use of Maddison Collins website or in response to Maddison Collins printed and online advertisements. Furthermore, there may be occasions when Maddison Collins will source personal information from an external third party, or a publicly available source. In these circumstances, Maddison Collins will take reasonable steps where practicable to inform you that it has collected personal information from the third party.
The type of personal information we collect will depend on various factors such as the type of services you request or use and any applicable legal and regulatory obligations:
- Contact – information that allows us to communicate with you (e.g. e-mail, social media contact details, address, telephone number).
- Identity – information that allows us to identify you (e.g. name, date of birth, occupation, and government-issued identification).
- Professional – information that helps us to understand more about you including your employment history, qualifications, talents, skills and abilities, (e.g. resume and qualification documents).
- Financial – information that allows Maddison Collins to pay you should you be engaged as an employee or contractor.
- Other individuals – information we request, or that you provide, about an individual other than yourself (e.g. previous employer and referees).
As a general rule, Maddison Collins does not collect sensitive information about you unless necessary for the purposes of providing our services to you. However, in circumstances where Maddison Collins requires sensitive information from you, Maddison Collins will first seek your consent to collect it.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Maddison Collins collects your personal information so that Maddison Collins can:
- Assist you in finding or retaining work;
- Assist in your career performance or management;
- Analyse human resource and labour markets;
- Develop tests and assessments in order to place you in appropriate roles;
- Pay you should you be engaged as an employee or contractor;
- Help in work rehabilitation;
- Directly market recruitment services to you (you have a right to opt-out from receiving direct marketing emails); or
- Provide you with Maddison Collins services.
USE BY THIRD PARTIES
Maddison Collins may use and disclose your personal information to third parties for the purposes it was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose such as providing you with one of our services. Accordingly, Maddison Collins may disclose your personal information to a number of third parties (located onshore or overseas), including but not limited to:
- prospective employers;
- Maddison Collins suppliers or service providers, including (but not limited to) organisations that conduct competency or psychometric tests or payroll processing services on behalf of Maddison Collins;
- your nominated referees;
- any government authority;
- any law enforcement body, including the police; or
- any educational or vocational organisations to the extent necessary to verify your qualifications.
If Maddison Collins discloses personal information to any third party, Maddison Collins will generally require these parties to protect such personal information in the same way that Maddison Collins does.
Maddison Collins is an employment service company which may from time to time need to transfer your data overseas in connection with the provision of services to you. The country or countries to which your data may be transferred is not restricted, and may include: countries within the Americas, Europe or the United Kingdom; Ireland, the People’s Republic of China (including Hong Kong); India; Singapore; Australia; New Zealand or such other countries as advised from time to time.
Maddison Collins takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects is accurate, up to date and complete.
In circumstances where your personal information has changed please contact the Privacy Officer, they will endeavour to update and correct the information in accordance with applicable privacy law. Maddison Collins may also contact you from time to time to check the information is still correct.
DATA SECURITY AND STORAGE
Maddison Collins takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from loss, unauthorised access, and misuse. The use of locks and security systems assist Maddison Collins in protecting your personal information. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, or electronically on Maddison Collins software or systems. When no longer required, personal information is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ON MADDISON COLLINS WEBSITE
Users are advised that there are inherent risks in transmitting information across the internet. The Internet is an open system and Maddison Collins cannot guarantee that the personal information you submit will not be intercepted by others. Our websites may include links to external websites operated by other organisations. They may collect personal information from visitors to their site. Maddison Collins cannot guarantee the content or privacy practices of any external websites and does not accept responsibility for those websites.
When you access Maddison Collins website, Maddison Collins gathers information about users collectively. Such information includes the areas that users visit most frequently and the services users access the most. Maddison Collins will only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. By doing so, Maddison Collins can optimise the services it provides to you.
Maddison Collins may also collect personal information that individuals choose to provide via online forms or by email. Any personal information provided online is treated in the same manner as any personal information collected through other means (unless specifically outlined in this Policy).
FEEDBACK SUBMITTED TO MADDISON COLLINS
In order for Maddison Collins to continually maintain its quality of service, Maddison Collins will send out Satisfaction Surveys for feedback. Maddison Collins may use this feedback for marketing purposes, or to contact you for further feedback.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Maddison Collins may change this Policy from time to time for any reason and will update the Policy accordingly.
CONTACTING MADDISON COLLINS
Please contact our Privacy Officer at Maddison Collins if you have a request relating to any of the following:
- if you would like to access, or correct, your personal information held by Maddison Collins;
- if you would like your personal information removed from the Maddison Collins database;
- if you would like to opt-out from receiving direct marketing e-mails; or
- any general queries relating to this Policy.
You may contact Maddison Collins Privacy Officer by email:
If you have a privacy related complaint, you may contact the Privacy Officer at the email address set out above. Your email should set out sufficient details of your complaint, including any alleged breach of applicable privacy law.
- The Privacy Officer must consider your complaint and will contact you within a reasonable time to advise you of their determination and/or to request further details;
- In the event that the Privacy Officer determines that there has been a breach of this Policy, the Privacy Officer will direct Maddison Collins to take appropriate steps to rectify that breach, and will keep you informed of both the nature of the breach and the steps taken to rectify the breach.
- The Privacy Officer will keep a secure record of all complaints.
Last updated April 2017